….Well I don’t know about you but it has been a long and drawn out winter. The snow seems relentless and the temperature, even worse. I’m ready for spring and summer as of last month so let’s talk trends for the two upcoming seasons.
Currently, everyone that is someone in the fashion world is at NYFW…and I am at home trying to stay warm lol. At fashion week, Fall 2015 fashions are being previewed to most that are still in threads that exhibit fashions of 2014…of the Autumn season of course. I sit at home reeling over the fantastic trends that are emerging for the two season ahead of us. I am going to note some of the trends that are becoming increasingly popular as well as share what my favorites are.
1. Lace– everyone will be rocking some kind of lace this upcoming season. I found a lace duster that I absolutely love (but I will share all the details later). Lace is a bit of a refreshing style of fabric…simple yet complicated, with a drastically feminine flair. My go to color for lace will be white.
2. Floral Prints– Vintage style, tropical, abstract, monochromatic, faded…all of these have a unique look although we have seen floral print so many times so many different ways.
3. 70s Fashion– I just bought a duster that I love! It reminds me of the 70s but isn’t the drab brown, mustard and burnt orange colors that usually come with fashions of this era. Now modernized, fashions could include fringe, suede trench coats/jackets, gladiator sandals etc. I will discuss these as other trends later on.
4. Jumpsuits, Wide Leg Pants/Jeans & Maxi Dresses- Skinny jeans will take a back seat in fashion along with two piece sets and mini dresses. Flowing wide leg pants as well as 70s style inspired jeans, will make a serious comeback. I am partial to flowy wide leg pants. When wearing these, be sure to also wear a fitted tank or top (perhaps crop) to continue a nice balance in the outfit. Jumpsuits are great for those that are not great in piecing separates together. They compliment the silhouette and are a complete outfit in one piece. Jumpsuits are one of my faves of all trends. Maxi dresses offer the same benefits of jumpsuits with a free flowing feel. Try a wide leg jumpsuit to combine two trends in one!
5. Fringe– This trend has been around for a while as a “new” trend but combined with a duster…fabulous!
6. Gladiator Sandals– I honestly did not think that I would see this trend back so soon but it seems gladiator sandals will be wildly popular this summer. The new thing with this trend: skin tone colors. Avoid black or white. Flat gladiator sandals will be worn the most.
7. Cleated Sole Chunky Platform Mules/Clogs– I am excited about this trend. I love platform heels, when done correctly. Single soles are of my favorite when it comes to heels. Well, the chunky soles of the 70s and 90s are making a comeback baby!
8. Wrap Skirts– Anybody call the 90s back? It seems that this upcoming pattern of trends include a lot of influence from the 70s and 90s. The wrap skirt was extremely popular in both eras. This season, the wrap skirt will boast being partially open to show a little thigh. The best I’ve seen had buckles, suede and a longer length to boast its style. Pair one of these lovelies with a bodysuit to emphasize this trend.
9. Denim Shirt Dress (or denim anything)- What is there not to like about this trend? Casual or dressy, dress this trend up to the occasion. (I saw a fab one that I intend to go back and purchase. Nothing bugs you more than the item of clothing that you didn’t purchase). Welp, I will be going back to get that denim shirt dress and it will be featured in a future blog post! For denim ad ons, try a denim vest, duster or jacket.
10. Waterfall Skirts– Chiffon fabric for a waterfall skirt makes a rather bold fashion statement. Make it casual by pairing with a denim vest or chambray button up. Perhaps a black lace tank will make the outfit fancy and a bit more formal than the latter.
Of the trends I’ve listed, gladiator sandals are probably my least favorite. The rest I am equally excited about. There are more trends that are going be popular among the fashion world. What trends are you noting to make a comeback. Which ones are you most excited about?